Welcome to the OERabic Resource Library! Our objective with this library is to archive and document some of the highly recommended resources that have been written in the field of learning and teaching Arabic as a foreign language. We hope you find this website and the resources it contains useful and productive for your learning of Arabic (if you are a student) or for your teaching practice (if you are a teacher).
The book directories are simply lists of recommended and must-have publications in the field of Arabic language and culture, specifically written for learners and teachers of Arabic as a foreign and second language. They are organised under a number of categories including:
- Type of publication: self-taught books, textbooks, reference books, audio-courses, academic publications, among others
- Skill Level: Beginner, Intermediate & Advanced
- Publication Date
- Publication Title
- Reviews & Further Information (from Amazon Books & GoodReads.com)
- Subject Categories
There are a total of 13 categories based on subject matter and they are:
🔠 ARABIC SCRIPT & SOUNDS الحروف والأصوات العربية
📔 ARABIC GRAMMAR قواعد اللغة العربية
📕 ARABIC VOCABULARY المفردات العربية
✍️WRITTEN ARABIC العربية المكتوبة
🗣 SPOKEN ARABIC اللغة العربية المحكية
📖 READING COMPREHENSION مهارات القراءة
📚 COMPREHENSIVE TEXTBOOKS برامج دراسية شاملة
🔖 ARABIC LITERATURE الأدب العربي
👄 ARABIC LINGUISTICS علم اللغة العربية
📰 ARABIC FOR SPECIFIC PURPOSES العربية لأغراض محددة
🌍 ARAB WORLD, CULTURE & PEOPLE العالم العربي: ثقافة وشعب
🎓 TAFL (TEACHING ARABIC AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE) تدريس اللغة العربية كلغة أجنبية
🛠 LANGUAGE LEARNING SKILLS & TOOLS مهارات ووسائل تعلم اللغات
Browse the Book Directories Index for more information.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- (المشاركة — نسخ وتوزيع ونقل العمل لأي وسط أو شكل)
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- (التعديل — المزج، التحويل، والإضافة على العمل.)
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- نَسب المُصنَّف — يجب عليك نَسب العمل لصاحبه بطريقة مناسبة، وتوفير رابط للترخيص، وبيان إذا ما قد أُجريت أي تعديلات على العمل. يمكنك القيام بهذا بأي طريقة مناسبة، ولكن
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- غير تجاري — لا يمكنك استخدام هذا العمل لأغراض تجارية
The OERabic project is currently (2019-20) supported by alumni and friends of the University of Edinburgh through the Student Experience Grants scheme.
OERabic is supported by the U. of Edinburgh in order to keep our high- quality resources free for all to enjoy. We would like to thank you all for visiting, your support and your comments. If you like our resources, please recommend them to everyone who may find them useful
Thank you! شكرا جزيلا
We would love to hear from you …
Feel free to write to use via the comments section below:
- If you can’t find a specific publication in our database and would like to recommend it…
- If you are the author of a publication(s) – or a forthcoming one – that you believe ought to be included in our database…
- If there is a publisher you would like to see added to our lists
In your message, please include information about: publication, author, publisher and any other relevant info.
- External links are selected and reviewed at the time of publication.
- OERabic is not responsible for the content of external websites.
- OERabic does not produce them or maintain these websites.
- The recommendation of a publication or a weblink to an external source is not an endorsement of that website or their products or services.